Sodium Nitrite | NaNO2
Product Name: Sodium Nitrite
Molecular Formula: NaNO₂
Molecular Weight: 69.00
Product Form: Appearance is white or slightly yellowish, orthorhombic crystal or powder.
1. Slightly salty, deliquescent, strong moisture absorption, soluble in water and liquid ammonia, slightly soluble in methanol, ethanol, and ether.
2. Decompose when heated to above 320°C.
3. Sodium Nitrite mixed with organic matter and sulfur can cause combustion and explosion, and has oxidizing and reducing properties.
4. Sodium Nitrite is slowly oxidized to sodium nitrate in the air. When encountering weak acid, brown nitrous oxide gas is liberated.
|Main Indicators||Unit||Premium Product||First Class||Qualified Product||Food Grade|
|Water Insoluble Substance||%≤||0.05||0.06||0.1||0.05|
Storage and Transportation
Sodium Nitrite should be placed in a low-temperature, dry, ventilated warehouse. The doors and windows are tight to prevent direct sunlight. It can be stored in the same storage with other nitrates other than ammonium nitrate, but stored separately from organic matter, flammable substances, and reducing agents, and isolated from the source of fire.
1. Mordant for fabric dyeing.
2. Bleaching agent for silk and flax, metal heat treatment agent.
3. Steel corrosion inhibitor, electroplating corrosion inhibitor.
4. Antidote for cyanide poisoning, chemical analysis reagent, laboratory analysis reagent.
5. It is used as a coloring agent, antimicrobial agent and preservative in the processing of meat products.
6. Pharmaceutical production of vasodilators, as well as raw materials for the production of potassium nitrite, nitro compounds, azo dyes, etc.
Contact: Andy Wei
E-mail: [email protected]
Add: Xiajiaying Economic Development Zone, Jiaocheng County, Shanxi Province, China