Sodium Nitrate | NaNO3
Product Name: Sodium Nitrate
Molecular Formula: NaNO3
Molecular Weight: 84.99
Properties: Colorless trigonal crystal or rhombus crystal or white fine crystalline powder. Odorless, salty, slightly bitter. Sodium Nitrate is easily deliquescent, soluble in water and liquid ammonia, soluble in ethanol, methanol, and slightly soluble in glycerol and acetone.
|Main Indicators||Unit||Industrial Grade||Agricultural Grade||Food Grade|
|Water Insoluble Substance||%≤||0.06||0.03||0.03|
|Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2 calculated on dry basis)||%≤||0.02||0.01||0.01|
|Chloride (Cl calculated on dry basis)||%≤||0.24||0.4||0.4|
|Sodium Carbonate (Na2CO3 calculated on dry basis)||%≤||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|Iron Content (Fe)||%≤||0.005||0.005||0.005|
|Heavy Metal (Pb)||%≤||---||0.002||0.002|
|Arsenic Content (As)||%≤||---||0.0002||0.0002|
Packing: 25/50kg in plastic inner woven bag, or according to customer requirements.
1. Sodium Nitrate can be used to make other nitrates.
2. Sodium Nitrate is used as a quick-acting fertilizer suitable for acid soil in the chemical fertilizer industry, especially suitable for cutting root crops, such as sugar beet and radish, sodium nitrate fertilizer.
3. Sodium Nitrate is easy to burn and explode in contact with organic matter and sulfur. It is a raw material for making potassium nitrate, mine explosives, picric acid, dyes, etc.
4. Nitrifying agent for manufacturing dye intermediates.
5. Sodium Nitrate is used as defoaming agent, decoloring agent, clarifying agent and oxidizing flux in the glass industry. The enamel industry is used as a flux, oxidizer and raw material for preparing enamel powder.
6. It can be used as a coloring agent in the processing of meat products, as well as an antimicrobial and preservative.
7. Sodium Nitrate is oxidizing and can react with lead to produce Sodium Nitrite and lead oxide. It also oxidizes hydroiodic acid to iodine and forms nitric oxide at room temperature.
8. Sodium Nitrate is used as a heat treatment agent for steelmaking and aluminum alloy in the metallurgical industry.
9. Sodium Nitrate is used as a culture medium for penicillin in the pharmaceutical industry. The cigarette industry is used as a combustion aid for tobacco.