Potassium Chloride | KCL
Product Name: Potassium Chloride
Molecular Formula: KCL
Molecular Weight: 75.46
1. Potassium Chloride is an inorganic compound with a chemical formula of KCl. Its appearance is like table salt, odorless and salty. Potassium Chloride is white crystals, extremely salty, non-corrosive, odorless and non-toxic.
2. Potassium Chloride is easily soluble in water, ether, glycerin and alkalis. It is slightly soluble in ethanol but insoluble in absolute ethanol. It is hygroscopic and easy to agglomerate. The solubility of Potassium Chloride in water increases rapidly with the increase of temperature, and it often decomposes with sodium salt to form new potassium salt.
|Indicator Name||Index (%)|
|Potassium Chloride (KCL) Content ≥||98||95||93||90||85|
|Potassium Oxide (K2O) Content ≥||62||60||59||57||54|
|Water (H2O) ≤||2||2||4||6||6|
|Calcium Ca+Magnesium Mg Content ≤||0.2||0.4||——||——||——|
|Calcium (Ca) Content ≤||——||——||0.5||0.8||——|
|Magnesium (Mg) Content ≤||——||——||0.4||0.6||——|
|Sodium Chloride (NaCl) Content ≤||1.2||2||3||4||5|
|Water-Insoluble Substance Content ≤||0.1||0.3||0.5||0.7||——|
|Sulfate (SO4)2 Content ≤||0.5||0.8||1.2||1.5||——|
|Except for water, the content of each component is calculated on a dry basis|
Packaging: Inner plastic outer woven, weight 50 kg/bag.
1. Potassium Chloride is mainly used in inorganic industry, and is the basic raw material for manufacturing various potassium salts or bases, such as potassium hydroxide, potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate, potassium carbonate, potassium chlorate, potassium alum, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium ferrate, etc.
2. Potassium Chloride is also widely used in petroleum industry, rubber industry and electroplating industry. It is often used as one of the components of electrolyte when electrolyzing magnesium chloride to produce metallic magnesium.
3. Potassium Chloride is used in medicine industry as diuretic and medicine to prevent and cure potassium deficiency.
4. Potassium Chloride is used in the dye industry to produce G salt, reactive dyes, etc.
5. Potassium Chloride is a kind of potassium fertilizer in agriculture. Its fertilizer effect is fast. It can be directly applied to farmland to increase the moisture of the lower layer of the soil and have the effect of drought resistance. However, it is not suitable to be used in saline soil and to tobacco, sweet potato, sugar beet and other crops.
6. Potassium Chloride has a taste similar to sodium chloride (bitterness), and is also used as an additive for low-sodium salt or mineral water. In addition, Potassium Chloride is also used to manufacture muzzle or muzzle flame suppressant, steel heat treatment agent, and for photography.
7. Potassium Chloride can also be used in medicine, scientific applications, and food processing. Part of Potassium Chloride can also be substituted for sodium chloride in table salt to reduce the possibility of high blood pressure.
8. Potassium Chloride is a commonly used electrolyte balance regulator in clinical practice. It has a definite clinical effect and is widely used in various clinical departments.