Magnesium Chloride | MgCl2 | MgCl2·6H2O
Product Name: Magnesium Chloride
Chemical Formula: MgCl2·6H2O
Magnesium Chloride is yellowish, white flake, granular. The density is 2.316-2.33 g/cm³, the melting point is 714°C, and the boiling point is 1412°C. It usually contains six molecules of crystalline water, namely MgCl2·6H2O.
Magnesium Chloride is deliquescent and easily soluble in water. Magnesium Chloride is a monoclinic crystal with a salty taste and a certain degree of corrosiveness.
1. Magnesium chloride is an important inorganic raw material in the chemical industry, used to produce magnesium compounds such as magnesium carbonate, magnesium hydroxide, and magnesium oxide.
2. Magnesium chloride is used in the metallurgical industry to produce metallic magnesium, liquid chlorine and high-purity magnesia.
3. In the building materials industry, magnesium chloride is an important raw material for the production of light building materials such as fiberglass tiles, decorative panels, sanitary ware, ceilings, floor tiles, magnesia cement and other high-rise building products.
4. Magnesium chloride can be used in magnesite products as high-quality magnesium tiles, high-quality fireproof boards, magnesium packaging boxes, magnesium decoration plates, lightweight wallboards, abrasive tools, stoves, fireworks fixing agents, etc.
5. In other fields, it can be used as food additives, protein coagulants, snow melting agents, refrigerants, dustproof agents, refractory materials, etc.