Ammonium Sulfate | (NH4)2SO4
Product Name: Ammonium Sulfate
Molecular Formula: (NH4)2SO4
Molecular Weight: 132.13
1. Ammonium Sulfate is an inorganic substance, white or off-white particles, odorless, easily soluble in water, the aqueous solution is acidic, and insoluble in alcohol, acetone and ammonia.
2. Ammonium Sulfate reacts with barium chloride solution to produce barium sulfate precipitate. Ammonium Sulfate can also salt out proteins.
3. Ammonium Sulfate reacts with alkalis to release ammonia gas. Ammonium Sulfate is easy to absorb moisture and agglomerate, with strong corrosiveness and permeability. Ammonium Sulfate decomposes above 280℃ and is irritating. It is completely decomposed into ammonia, nitrogen, sulfur dioxide and water when heated to above 513°C.
|Indicator Name||Recommended||Industrial Products|
|Appearance||White Crystals||White Crystals|
|Nitrogen (N) Content (Calculated on dry basis)%||21||21|
|Water (H2O) Content%||0.3||0.3|
|Free Acid (H2SO4) Content%||0.03||0.05|
|Water Insoluble Substance Content%||0.01||0.05|
1. Used in the chemical industry as a raw material for the production of hydrogen peroxide, ammonium alum and ammonium chloride, as a welding agent in the welding industry, and as a fire retardant in the textile industry. The electroplating industry is used as an additive in electroplating baths, and can also be used in leather and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
2. Ammonium Sulfate can be used as a dyeing auxiliary for acid dyes, as a deliming agent for leather, in addition, it is also used in the production of chemical reagents and storage batteries.
3. Ammonium Sulfate can also be used as a fermentation medium in biopharmaceuticals. Ammonium sulfate is used as a nitrogen fertilizer in agriculture and is suitable for general soil and crops.
4. Ammonium Sulfate is used as a dough regulator and yeast nutrient in food-grade products, as well as a catalyst for food sauce color, as a nitrogen source for cultivating yeast in beer brewing and fresh yeast production.