Ammonium Chloride | NH4Cl
Product Name: Ammonium Chloride
Molecular Formula: NH4Cl
Molecular Weight: 53.49
1. Colorless cubic crystal or white crystal. The taste is salty, cool and slightly bitter. Ammonium Chloride is easily soluble in water, soluble in liquid oxygen, slightly soluble in alcohol, and insoluble in acetone and ether.
2. Ammonium Chloride has low hygroscopicity and is easy to store, but it can also absorb moisture and agglomerate in wet and rainy weather. The Ammonium Chloride aqueous solution is weakly acidic, and the acidity increases when heated.
3. Ammonium Chloride is corrosive to ferrous metals and other metals, especially to copper, and has no corrosive effect on rust.
|First Grade||Qualified Product|
|Purity (NH4CL) Calculated on Dry Basis,% ≥||99.3||99|
|Water Content, %≤||0.7||1|
|Iron (Fe), %≤||0.001||0.003|
|Heavy Metals (Calculated as Lead), % ≤||0.0006||0.001|
|Sulfate (Calculated as SO), % ≤||0.02||—|
|PH (200g/L Dissolved, 25℃), %||4.0-5.8||4.0-5.8|
|Indicator Name||Agricultural Products|
|Agricultural Level||Agricultural Wet Grade|
|Nitrogen (N) Content (Calculated on Dry Basis), % ≥||25.4||23.5|
|Water Content (H2O), % ≤||0.7||3-6|
Ammonium Chloride should be stored in a cool, ventilated and dry warehouse, and be protected from moisture. Avoid storage and transportation with acids and alkalis. Protect from rain and hot sun during transportation. Be careful when loading and unloading to prevent damage to the package. In case of fire, water, sand, carbon dioxide fire extinguishers can be used to put out the fire.
Packing: Outer woven bag, lined with plastic bag, net weight 25/50KG.
1. Mainly used for beneficiation.
Ammonium Chloride can be used as a raw material to manufacture dry batteries and accumulators, other ammonium salts, electroplating additives, metal welding fluxes.
2. Ammonium Chloride is used as a dyeing auxiliary, and also used in tinning and galvanizing, leather tanning, medicine, candle making, adhesives, chromizing, precision casting.
3. Used in medicine, dry batteries, textile printing and dyeing, and detergent.
4. Ammonium Chloride is used as fertilizer for crops, suitable for rice, wheat, cotton, hemp, vegetables and other crops. Powdered ammonium chloride is mostly used as a basic fertilizer for the production of compound fertilizers. In agriculture, it is used as a raw material for chemical fertilizers and production of NPK compound fertilizers.
5. Used as analytical reagent, such as preparing ammonia-ammonium chloride buffer solution. Used as a supporting electrolyte in electrochemical analysis. Used as arc stabilizer for emission spectrum analysis, interference inhibitor for atomic absorption spectrum analysis, and inspection of synthetic fiber viscosity.
6. Medicinal Ammonium chloride is used as an expectorant, diuretic, and expectorant.
7. Yeast nutrient (mainly used in beer brewing), dough regulator. Generally used after mixing with sodium bicarbonate, the dosage is about 25% of sodium bicarbonate, or 10-20g/kg of wheat flour. Mainly used in bread, biscuits, etc. processing aids.